Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This Is So Cool

Tonight I went to my first DC Bloggers meetup at RFD and had a great time. There were about 30 of us. I met a pharmacy technician who blogs about . . . working in a pharmacy. Way cool. I also met the author of Latest Obsession (hi neighbor!), and Brokekid, who turned me on to twitter. I know someone with the initials J.M. who would love that. Also check out Broke Kid for the best of YouTube. The author of The KingKab Review and I had a thoughtful discussion about films and reviewing films on blogs. Finally, the author of District Matters, who covers District of Columbia politics and neighborhood issues, inspired me to update my blog more often.

It's started already. Blogs are becoming the primary means of obtaining news and information and soon will overtake conventional news media, i.e., on-line versions of print newspapers, radio and television.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

J.M.??

Scott said...

Glad you could make it tonight, the Meetups are always a mixed group, lots of great personalities!

Nikolas Coukouma said...

The only disappointing thing about so many people is that there's so many conversations, and I can't possibly eavesdrop on them all. All the more reason to blog, I suppose ;)

Amber said...

Nice photo, lady! And nice to meet you. I don't like RFD as a meetup spot because it's so hard to move around and chat, and it's loud...it's easier to mingle at a more bar-like place :)

Freddie Blicher said...

Hi Christina!

Your blogs are coming along nicely! I've never been to a blogger meetup, but I'm on the email list. I plan on going in the future.

Freddie Blicher
www.linkedin.com/in/AlfredFreddieBlicher

Christina Parascandola said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. See you all at the next meeting. Freddie, I hope you can make it!